Monday, May 6, 2013

Technology in the Classroom


I enjoyed watching the video Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts.  The teacher from South Georgia has her students enjoying the use of technology in the classroom.  She absolutely makes it more interesting for students.  I can tell by the actions and looks on the face of the students it is something that has their attention and a want to do more with the use of technology.  I find it also amazing that the teacher even admits she is learning as the technology keeps evolving.  Not only is the teacher teaching the class but the students were teaching the teacher, which she whole heartedly expects from her students.  She has the students taking ownership of their work.  She has students collaborating together and in doing so the students are using good digital citizenship.  She is well preparing her students to think for themselves and she is preparing each one of her students for the future. 

I hope to incorporate a lot of the same ideas in my own classroom.  I want my classroom to be enjoyable while learning.  Students that enjoy what they are doing will undoubtedly learn and take in more ideas from the classroom.  I will be very open to new technology and ideas from my own students.  I believe in giving students ownership and responsibility in their own work will only greatly help them in the future.  It will better prepare them to think individually for themselves and will allow them to express their ideas to others.  I also believe in collaborating and using good digital citizenship with others will help enhance them to express their ideas in a very postitive way with society. 

Everything we saw in this video is important for students to help them become better prepared in tackling the world of today.  In giving the students empowerment over the work they are doing, it will only create future leaders and well educated individuals to lead us into the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment